Wednesday 16 June 2010

Jim Chanos


Mr Jim Chanos won a bid to get a portrait done by me in a charity action, Invest in Futures Gala, organized by the Prince's Trust in 2008. I'm now very proud to show you the portrait I have done of him based on a photography from the artist Shirin Neshat. I hope you like it!

El Senor Jim Chanos gano una puja en una subasta benefica del Prince's Trust para que yo le hiciera un retrato. Estoy muy orgullosa de ensenaros el retrato que le he hecho basado en una fotografia de la artista Shirin Neshat. Espero que os guste!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

buenísimo!!!! te sigues superando!! enhorabuena!! Ana

Anonymous said...

Ole!!! Que pasada!! Enhorabuena! Pepe

Anonymous said...

Q maravilla! Enhorabuena de la buena buena!! Nacho

Jeff, Sally & and Carmen Willbanks said...

Elena, what size is this portrait? I would love to see it in real life. It is excellent.

Elena Garcia de la Fuente said...

Thank you! It's 76 x 102cm

Anonymous said...

I think that is fantastic. The suit must have been really hard
and the buttons on the shirt also.
It is a very good resemblance - I saw Chanos in an interview on Charlie Rose
only a couple of weeks ago
and you got him spot on. Olivier D.

Elena Garcia de la Fuente said...

Thank you Olivier! Yes, the suit was painful, but I was determined to do it and I'm glad I did it because it looks much more three dimentional this way.

Anonymous said...

Wow Elena, that's a really good portrait, a little different to your usual too. Very nice.
Cheers,
bev

Anonymous said...

Enhorabuena, Elena!!!Me ha parecido muy intenso el retrato y espero que te vaya fenomenal en la exposición. Un abrazo, Iván

Anonymous said...

Muy bueno helen me encanta!! Cada día te superas y te salen mejor!!! Estoy alucinada!!! Besos, Maria M

Dear Fireflies said...

Hello Elena :) I'm so amazed at your talent and incredible skill! Your paintings have a wonderful luminous quality to them. Glad to have found your work. :)

Elena Garcia de la Fuente said...

Thank you Amalia. How did you find me? Had a look at your drawings and they're beautiful!